In this episode I’m updating you on what you need to know when choosing a hospital to give birth. Very early in the podcast I covered this topic. Although I know people binge a lot of the episodes, with over 100 it’s hard to listen to all of them and keep up with new episodes. Plus, some important topics are worth revisiting and updating as time goes on.
I’ve delivered babies at 6 different hospitals during my career. One thing I’ve learned is that the hospital where you deliver has a big influence on your experience giving birth. And specifically you want to know how the hospital approaches birth. It’s important to check with your doctor, your insurance, and the hospital in advance so there are as few surprises as possible.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- Why you should consult with your doctor and insurance before choosing a hospital
- How to check hospital procedure rates
- How to choose a hospital that can accommodate your birth wishes
- What insights can be gained from talking to moms and doulas
- How different hospitals are handling COVID
- What the difference is between BVAC + TOLAC and why you need to check with your hospital if this applies to you
- Why it’s good to discuss your sterilization procedure options with your hospital in advance
- Why having medical students and attending physicians as a part of your birth can be a plus
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends