In this episode you’re going to get an overview of midwifery care. I was inspired to do this episode after hearing Heidi (episode 119) talk about how her midwife worked so well with a physician in order to help her have a beautiful birth.
I’ve been working with midwives since my residency training and currently work with midwives today. I fully support working collaboratively with midwives to help provide the best care for patients.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- What midwifery is and what values midwives uphold
- What makes each category of midwifery different: certified nurse midwives, certified midwives, and certified professional midwives
- How education and training varies across classifications
- How the scope of midwifery extends beyond pregnancy and birth
- Whether insurance covers midwifery
- How models of midwifery vary from state to state
- What collaborative agreements are and how they can help or hinder the care midwives provide
- Why it’s so important for physicians and midwives to work together
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends