On today’s episode of the podcast we have Casie. Casie wanted to share her story because she is striving to passionately empower others based on her experience. I’m going to give away the ending of this birth story: Casie wound up pushing for 5 ½ hours, she had a forceps birth, a fourth degree tear which is the most severe tear you can have, and a fistula as a result, which is a communication between her vagina and rectum and is something that will need to be surgically repaired at some point.
Casie read stories of this happening to others and it sounded like she would never be the same. However, Casie has recovered and she is arriving. She knows that her journey isn’t over but she also believes that she will be just fine. She keeps it real about some touchy subjects in this episode, including some slightly more adult content towards the end - so if you have kiddos listening, keep that in mind.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- Why Casie described her doctor as “wonderful”
- How Casie’s preterm labor almost went unrecognized
- Why she opted for an epidural when she was planning on an unmedicated birth and how it’s just fine to listen to your body and change your plan
- What makes healthcare workers such terrible patients
- What the definitions of a fistula and fourth degree tear are and how they can be repaired
- How difficult it can be to find healthcare in rural areas
- How Casie stayed so positive through a very unpredictable pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends