Today Bekah shares not one but two birth stories! Her first labor was long, rough, and full of interventions. Her second, however, she describes as “an incredible, redemptive, medication-free experience that made (her) view birth in a whole new light.”
Between her first and second births, Bekah listened to many birth stories. Through these other women’s experiences she learned more about what she wanted and what she wanted to avoid. This is what makes childbirth education so important. Had Bekah known her options going into labor the first time, she would have done things differently.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- How important it is to be gentle with yourself if it takes longer than expected to get pregnant
- What it was like for Bekah to lose her father only weeks before giving birth
- Why she had to be induced and how painful she found it
- How the epidural affected her and why she had to discontinue using it
- How she pushed for four hours and eventually wound up with a second degree tear
- How her father’s passing contributed to anxiety in the postpartum
- Why it’s important to learn from other people’s birth experiences
- How much of a difference mindset made for Bekah’s second birth
- How much more quickly she dilated and how much less painful it was
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends