Pregnancy doesn’t mean putting your fitness on pause. MacKenzie Rowand is a new mom and exercise specialist with 9Round. She has an extensive background in wellness and there’s a lot to learn from her personal journey with fitness and pregnancy. She continually had to change the way she ate and exercised during all parts of pregnancy and through recovery. Flexibility and meeting yourself where you are is the key to staying fit during pregnancy.
Your wellness during pregnancy is so personal. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. Remember that you’re growing a whole person inside of you and give yourself some grace. What matters is that you get moving.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- How pregnancy changed MacKenzie’s exercise routine
- How her fitness helped in her labor, birth, and recovery
- When she decided it was time to get back to exercise after giving birth
- What her workout routine looked like postpartum
- How she felt about her new postpartum body
- How exercise can help with pregnancy, both mentally and physically
- Which exercises to do (and which exercises to avoid) during pregnancy
- Why you should listen to your body when exercising during and after pregnancy
- What are some nutrition recommendations for during and after pregnancy
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends