Sydni had her son at 19 and is now 25. Even though Sydni’s story is from a few years ago, there’s still a lot to learn from it. She had her baby a little early at 36 weeks and you’ll hear about how, after a slower start, things went super fast - so fast it shocked her mother and caused her to faint at the hospital!
She had her baby at a young age and although it forced her to step up, her partner at the time didn’t necessarily do the same. She also found out that some of her friends weren’t necessarily true friends. But now Sydni’s getting ready to get married, she’s in school and happy and doing well. You really do become a new person after you have a baby and Sydni was really intentional about becoming a better version of herself which is amazing.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- How rotating through all of the doctors at the practice made Sydni feel comfortable giving birth with whomever was on staff
- What made Sydni opt for an epidural after having planned for an unmedicated birth
- What it was like to jump from 6cm to 9 ½ cm in five minutes
- Why it’s ok to prioritize your wishes and needs over what your friends and family might want
- How and why she plans to do things differently with the next baby
- Who stayed in her life and who didn’t after she became a mom
- How she shifted her life from being a teen to being a parent
- How her baby inspired her to change for the better
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends