This episode is being brought to you by Bamboobies. Use the code “ALLABOUT” to get 40% of full price items through Oct 23.
Wouldn’t you want to learn about postpartum weight loss from an expert in weight management? Well you are in luck because that’s exactly who we have in today’s episode. Dr. Katy Brown is a board certified endocrinologist and obesity medicine specialist and she is also a new mom!
I really like her approach because it comes from a place of gratitude rather than judgment. There’s no pressure to start early or lose quickly. Instead, it’s all about baby steps. Have patience with yourself and focus on what you’re already doing well. Your body just did something amazing!
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- Why postpartum weight management is important
- What makes BMI an imperfect tool for measuring health
- When you should start thinking about losing weight after giving birth - the answer may surprise you
- What impact breastfeeding really has on postpartum weight loss
- How many pounds you should realistically be losing per week
- How often it’s helpful to weigh yourself
- Who should seek the help of a care provider like Kate and what to expect
- How hormones actually do (and don’t) affect weight management
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends