Deundria’s birth took a lot of unexpected twists and turns. She went into labor a month early, switched care teams at 34 weeks, and was diagnosed with COVID while in labor! But because she decided to pursue childbirth education during her pregnancy, she was able to roll with the punches.
This was her third pregnancy and she knew she wanted something different this time. After negative experiences with epidurals during her first two births, she decided to try for unmedicated this time around. In order to do this successfully, she knew she needed childbirth education and she actually chose to take my birth plan class! What she learned helped her to make empowered decisions for herself and you’re going to hear all about that today.
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- How my birth plan class helped Deundria spot red flags in her medical care
- What were some of those indicators that her medical team wasn’t a good fit
- What made the midwife prenatal care experience so much better
- How Deundria was treated differently by staff as soon as she received the positive COVID diagnosis
- How the medical team induced labor without pitocin
- How her doula helped her with pain management during birth despite the fact that she wasn’t allowed in the room
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends