So today we’re talking about how to get ready for the hospital, specifically what to pack. Packing your hospital bag can feel stressful and getting ready in advance will give you one less thing to worry about when the time comes.
Of course there’s more you can do to prepare for your trip than just packing. I also offer some helpful logistical tips to make navigating your labor and birth easier. As an OB/GYN I’ve seen a lot of what works and what doesn’t and I’d love to share some of that knowledge with you today!
In this Episode, You’ll Learn About:
- What it means to “pre-register” with the hospital and how it can make your birth easier
- Why it’s a good idea to visit the hospital and find labor and delivery ahead of time
- What “GBS” refers to and why your GBS status is important
- What to bring for while you’re in labor
- What to bring for after your baby is born
- What to bring for going home
- What not to bring
- What your partner should bring
- Why it doesn’t matter what you look like “down there”
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to the podcast yet? If you haven't, you definitely need to! I don't want you to miss a thing and I have so much amazing content for you, mama to be! You can subscribe in Apple Podcasts by clicking here or in Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play or wherever you get your podcasts.
And if you loved this episode, I would absolutely love it if you'd take a few moments to leave me an honest review on Apple Podcasts. The reviews help other pregnant mamas to find my podcast and I just really love to check them out. Click here to head over to the reviews, select "Ratings and Reviews" and "Write a Review" and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast was, or what you found most helpful.
Come Join Me On Instagram
I want this podcast to be more than a one sided conversation. Join me on Instagram where we can connect outside of the show! Through my posts, videos, and stories, you'll get even more helpful tips to ensure you have a beautiful pregnancy and birth. You can find me on Instagram @drnicolerankins. I'll see you there!
Share with Friends